Hello marching band parents and students,
Please find below information on the competitions and events this week. Note that even more information is available on the marching band website- if you have any questions, please check there first.
1. Wednesday Field Trip Rehearsal - This Wednesday 9/12 is our first field trip rehearsal from 12:00-3:44. Students will miss Advisory, Block 7, and ASR. All marching band students should eat early lunch 11:27-11:57 and consider attending the student organization fair during that time; also check in with your 7th block teacher in advance.
2. Friday ASR Rehearsal - This Friday we have one more rehearsal during ASR from 2:15-3:44.
3. Friday Night Football - There is a home football game this Friday. Timeline is as usual: 5:30 report, 6:10 warmup, 6:50 pregame. We will play some or all of the field show depending on the halftime lineup.
4. Parent/Family T-Shirt - Order a parent shirt here to wear at performances. Deadline is Sept. 12!
5. Marching Band Merchandise - Order other student and family marching band clothing here. Deadline is Sept. 16!
6. Weekend Timeline
Saturday 9/15: 2:00p - Students arrive at MHS with all belongings for the weekend. Change into uniforms. 4:00p - Load buses in front of PAC 4:30p - Buses depart for Mukwonago High School, 605 W. Veterans Way, Mukwonago WI 6:00p - Unload at Mukwonago 7:00p - Competition starts 8:35p - MHS performs 9:30p - Awards presentation 10:00p - Buses depart for Hampton Inn Brookfield, 575 N Barker Rd, Brookfield, WI 53045 10:30p - Buses drop off at hotel
Sunday 9/16: 9:00a - Buses Load and depart for Waukesha West (tentative) 9:40a - Buses drop off for rehearsal 12:00p - Depart for Waukesha North HS, 2222 Michigan Ave, Waukesha WI 1:00p - Competition starts 2:50p - Middleton performs 3:45p - Awards presentation 4:00p - Load buses to return to MHS ~6:00p - Unload home at MHS
7. Packing List
Extra reeds, valve oil, sticks, etc. Uniform (worn on the bus) Long black socks Black marching shoes Set of clothes to wear around the hotel Set of clothes to wear for morning rehearsal Toiletries for an overnight Money for Saturday dinner and Sunday lunch (concessions) (Breakfast is provided at the hotel) Snacks as desired
8. Hotel/Overnight Information - Students signed up for rooms last week with 3-4 students to a room. (Any student who didn't sign up has been assigned a spot.) Teachers, marching band staff, and several parent chaperones will be checking students in for the night. Once checked in, students are not to leave their room except for emergencies requiring a teacher. While on the trip, students are expected to follow all rules outlined in the athletic/activity handbook (found at the front of the student planner).
Thanks for reading. We're looking forward to a great week!