Contents of this note
St Olaf on Sat (SO)
BOPA newsletter (all)
BOPA contact info collection (all)
Program ad sales/legacy messages (all)
Letter from Principal Shoemaker (all)
Calendar change for CO/Sinfonia
Orch Spiritwear sale (all)
Opera for Cardinal
Attic Angels on 11/17 (CO/Sinf)
1) The St Olaf Orchestra performs on Saturday night at 7:30 pm in the PAC. Tickets are $10 general admission and free for students. The Symphony Orchestra will perform one piece with them as well.
Schedule for the day:
3-4 pm Symphony and St Olaf do a side-by-side activity
5:30-6:30 The 2 groups eat supper together
7:30 performance (SO is first on 2nd half)
It was with a bit of dismay that I saw how many students are not able to attend any part of the event. Saturday concerts are difficult at times, and it is appreciated when all students can attend--our group is diminished when people are missing.
2) The BOPA newsletter is now a thing of the past, for the most part. Each year we will create a beginning of the year print copy and mail it out--coming soon! Newsletter content is now found at the BOPA web page at www.middletonbandorchestra.org . The start of year one is also found HERE .
3) BOPA, in order to better serve the music education of your students, would like to collect everyone's contact information. It will not be heavily used--mostly to contact volunteers and to call people who have not yet picked up their fruit :) and nothing will ever be used outside the BOPA realm. PLEASE fill out this quick form with contact info as soon as possible.
4) Program ads are still for sale, and we can still use some help with the collection of business ads. HERE is a letter from Vice President Laura Guse talking more about the program and HERE is the application form to purchase an ad or student shout-out.
5) Principal Shoemaker has composed a letter addressing an incident that happened in Marching Band in the spring. Please read this important message.
6) Due to several factors, we are adjusting the performance calendar for Cardinal Orchestra and Sinfonia for May 2020.
THURSDAY MAY 7 is the new performance date for Cardinal, Sinfonia, and 8th grade
Mon 5/11 is Kromrey area grades 4 + 5 with Philomusica
Tues 5/12 is now only grades 6 and 7
Thurs 5/14 is Glacier Creek area grades 4 + 5 with Philo
Mark your calendars please!
7) Orchestra spiritwear will be on sale soon--check our website in the next several days!
8) On Wed 10/30 the Cardinal Orchestra will be join the sophomore choir and the Advanced Music class down at the Overture Center for the Madison Opera performance of Verdi's La Traviata. Look for more info and a FeePay sign up and payment option in the next week or so.
9) As we have done in past years, we are collaborating with the Pheasant Branch Strings, an orchestra of adult beginners and returners through the UW Division of Continuing Studies. The Cardinal Orchestra and Sinfonia are invited to join PBS on their concert on Sunday 11/17 at 3:30pm at Attic Angel. There is no requirement of attendance and we will not be performing anything ourselves. Our job will simply be support for these brave adult musicians. More details soon.
10) The annual Orchestra Soiree is coming up on Friday 11/1. After a mandatory rehearsal for all orchestra musicians from 4-5pm, there will be fun and games and food and inflatables. More details and a call for assistance coming soon!
Thanks for making it all the way to the end!