It seems like I'm sending out an update most weeks, so I'll just start calling it the weekly update... This time we have info about marching band, jazz band, and small group choirs.
1. Jazz Ensemble Rosters - In the past we have tried to release results immediately after auditions. Due to the record number of students auditioning as well as questions about how many jazz bands can squeeze into two nights, the rosters are not yet available. The plan at this time is to release them tomorrow sometime after school. Rehearsals will start on Monday and Tuesday of the following week (8/10 & 8/11).
2. Small Group Choirs - Most instruments have started rehearsal classes last week or this week. See Mr. V if you don't know your schedule. Due to the marching field trip on Friday, "last B day" groups (double reeds, horns, some clarinets and some trombones) will not meet this week. Saxophone choirs that normally meet Monday (tomorrow) will instead meet on Tuesday during study halls this week.
3. Marching Band Rehearsals - In preparation for our Oct. 8 competition, there will be two full marching band rehearsals this week: our normal rehearsal Monday night and a full "field trip" rehearsal during 7th block and ASR on Friday (the day before Sauk Prairie).
4. Sauk Prairie Marching Invitational, Oct. 8 - The schedule for students was sent out previously and is copied again at the bottom of this email. We highly encourage families and non-marching band students to attend and support the band. The show starts at 7:00pm at Sauk Prairie High School, and tickets are available at the gate ($5 for adults, $3 for students/seniors).
5. Marching Band rehearsal canceled 8/10 - We have opted to cancel the marching band rehearsal originally scheduled for October 10th. With the extra rehearsals for competition, the band will be more than ready for our final home game on the 14th. This change also allows jazz ensembles to start on the scheduled week.
6. NYC Tour Registration - Over 200 people from band and orchestra signed up last week for our spring break tour to NYC. If you did not register but are still interested, contact Mr. Brown right away to see if there may still be room.
Thanks for reading, everyone. Have a great week!
Sauk Prairie Invitational Student Schedule
4:30--Report to MHS to dress in uniform 4:50--Full dress run-through 5:15--Load buses/truck for Sauk Prairie 7:00--Show begins 9:20--Award ceremony 11:00 (approx.)--Home at MHS
-- Michael Ver Voort
Music Teacher Middleton High School (608) 829-9680 firstname.lastname@example.org