1. Context of Principal Shoemaker's letter I've received a few emails asking about Ms. Shoemaker's letter. It is simply a statement in response to the incident during marching band in August and a similar incident at the end of last school year. Both centered around anti-Semitic content posted on social media. To our knowledge, there have not been any hate speech incidents since that time, but creating a respectful and inclusive community must always be at the front of our minds.
2. Program Advertisements Tomorrow is the last chance to donate to our program ad sales campaign! If you would like to place an ad, the order must be in by tomorrow. You then have until Thursday to submit the photo or artwork.
3. BOPA Contact Info Thanks to everyone who submitted the google form with contact information for BOPA. If you have not yet, please complete the form with as much or as little information as you would like to share.
4. Jazz Bands Congratulations to the more than 150 students who auditioned for our jazz bands last week. Rosters will be posted by the end of this week, and rehearsals start on Monday, October 21!
5. Calendar Reminder Finally, a reminder that the latest news can always be found on the BOPA website, including the calendar of events for the year. Visit often!
Thanks for reading!
-- Michael Ver VoortMusic Teacher & Director of Bands