Hello band parents and students,
Sorry for what appears to have been a blank email earlier this morning. I have no idea what happened to it in Infinite Campus Messenger. Additionally, if you receive multiple copies of the same campus message, this is because you have multiple student enrollments (either siblings or a single student in both band classes and jazz bands). Unfortunately, I have been told that Infinite Campus is unable to identify duplicates at this time.
Read on for some important updates.
1. Band Concerts are next week! Wednesday is Block 1 (most freshmen), Block 6 (most sophomores), and Block 7 (chamber wind ensemble). Thursday is Block 2 (most juniors), Block 3 (most seniors), and Block 7 (chamber wind ensemble). The Block 2 percussion class will perform both nights.
All students report for their concert(s) at 6:50. Freshmen "dress nice" and all 10th-12th graders wear all black. Details here.
Please sign up here to bring refreshments. Also consider bringing a non-perishable food item to donate to the MOM food pantry for the holidays.
2. Fruit Sale Delivery Day Saturday 12/8 - Congratulations on a successful fruit sale fundraiser, and thank you to all who sold fruit. On next Saturday 12/8, pick up all fruit between 8:00 and 11:00. Be ready to pay for the order with a single check made out to MHS BOPA.
3. Jazz Cabaret - Don't miss the annual Jazz Cabaret event, held this year at the Marriott West. Dinner and jazz on a cold winter Friday night - what could be better? Tickets are available now. Check out all the information at www.middletonbandorchestra.org.
4. Pep Band - Pep band season is starting soon! Students, don't forget to sign up for games on the bulletin boards outside the band room. Every band student is required to attend at least two games before the end of the semester, and an additional two by the end of the pep band season. (Total of 4.) Check out the schedule here.
5. Parent Ambassador at Middle School Concerts - If you are planning to attend either the Kromrey or Glacier Creek band concerts next week and would be willing to man a BOPA table for a few minutes before or after, please contact Lisa Downs at email@example.com - share the great things going on at MHS with middle school parents!
Thanks for reading, everyone!
Puede encontrar más información en español acerca de los asuntos de este correo electrónico en el sitio web de la Asociación de Padres de Banda y Orquestra de Middleton High School: https://www.middletonbandorchestra.org/mhs-band-enews
-- Michael Ver Voort
Music Teacher & Band Director Middleton High School