1) This coming Friday 11/30, members of the Symphony Orchestra and Sinfonia (formerly Symphony Red) will be recording a video of us performing a Winter Tea piece for NBC15 to air in their "Sounds of the Season" program, to be aired on Christmas Eve and posted on their social media. It is quite an honor!
Students should come to school in ALL BLACK for the morning. They can bring along a change of clothes if they wish.
Cellists should bring their instrument from home so we have enough for everyone.
If there is a reason why you wish your student to not appear in this video, please let me know right away.
2) WSMA State Honors Orchestra audition applications are due this Friday at 11:59pm. No late entries will be accepted. The auditions themselves take place at MHS on Saturday 2/2/19. To register, students should go to the WSMA web page and clinck on the honors tabs. Our school code is 10508.
3) Concerto-Aria forms are due before Winter Break. the auditions, for the chance to perform a solo with the orchestra on 3/14, are on Tuesday 1/8 in the evening. Forms are found in the orchestra room.
4) S&E is early this year: 2/9/19. Registration is due early as well, of course. This year we are collecting fees through FeePay. FORMS are due by 12/14 and FeePay will be updated by early January.
5) Winter Teas are coming up for many of our musicians:
Friday 12/7 is the Symphony BLACK Winter Tea at Sauk Trail and Sunset Ridge. Permission form!
Friday 12/14 is the Philomusica Winter Tea ta West Middleton. Some students will perform in the morning, others in the afternoon, and all will be fed by BOPA back at MHS. Permission form!
6) Fruit Pick Up Day is Saturday 12/8. Look for information on how to volunteer for the day, both students and parents. All hands on deck to make the day run smoothly!
That is all!