Hello band parents and students,
We are a GO for our concerts on May 16th! These performances will be very informal and short (30 min). They are simply a time to share the music we have been able to make this spring and a time to celebrate the close of the school year and the graduation of our seniors.
Where: Middleton High School, South Beach Lawn (Door 6 along Franklin Ave)
When: Sunday, May 16th. Rain date 5/23.
Block 6 Concert Band -- Arrive 4:15, rehearse 4:30, concert 5:00pm Block 7 Cardinal Band -- Arrive 4:30, rehearse 4:45, concert 5:00pm Block 3 Wind Ensemble -- Arrive 5:30, rehearse 5:45, concert 6:00pm Block 5 Wind Ensemble -- Arrive 5:15, rehearse 5:30, concert 6:00pm Seniors: We will have our senior recognition and major awards around 6:15pm.
- Bring your mask, water bottle, instrument, and music. Chairs, stands, and clothespins provided.
- The school will not be open except for emergencies, so have everything you need with you.
- We will do a short run-through rehearsal immediately before the performance.
- Dress casually and for the weather.
- As per current school policy, MASKS ARE REQUIRED.
- Socially distanced spots will be marked off on the grass; please sit or stand 6ft apart as you watch the concerts.
- No chairs will be provided, and no bathrooms will be available. (Sorry -- but the concerts are very short!) You are welcome to bring a lawn chair or blanket.
We realize this is extremely short notice. (Usually we send out our calendars many months in advance!) Students, if you have an unavoidable conflict on that Sunday evening, please simply have your parents send an email. We'll be sad to miss you but we understand. There will be a short alternative assignment.
Thank you, and we're looking forward to sharing music once again.
Michael Ver Voort
Music Teacher & Director of Bands Middleton High School (608) 829-9680 firstname.lastname@example.org