Happy almost-Spring Break! Please read on for the latest updates and reminders about MHS band.
1. Spain - We're leaving for Spain on Thursday! Make sure to read the other email with final reminders.
2. State Solo/Ensemble Registration - If you qualified for the state solo/ensemble festival, please click here to fill out the registration form. The deadline is April 1st. Note that registration fees will be automatically charged through FeePay in April. State accompanist fees need to be paid as a check to MHS BOPA.
5. Marching Band Registrations - Marching band registrations were due last week. Remember that everyone must turn in a signed form, even if you are not participating next year. Lost yours? Click here for an extra.
6. Spring Concert Dates - Hard to believe that the final spring concerts are almost here. Remember the dates: - May 7th (9th grade band, Block 6 Concert Band, Chamber Winds) - May 20th (Block 2 Concert Band, Block 3 Wind Ensemble, Chamber Winds)
7. Memorial Day - Only two months away on 5/27! Memorial Day events will be the same as in years past; students in marching band for this year or next should plan to participate. Students not in marching band may also participate and earn service hours.
8. Congrats to Trumpet Ensemble - Finally, congratulations to the MHS trumpet ensemble, who competed Saturday at the National Trumpet Competition at the University of Kentucky. We heard absolutely incredible trumpet players from all over the country and were truly honored to have qualified.
-- Michael Ver Voort
Music Teacher & Band Director Middleton High School