Hello band parents and students,
Happy summer, and congratulations on an incredibly successful school year! Starting with our most successful marching band season yet, and continuing on to a spectacular solo/ensemble season, incredible guest artists, and standout performances by the concert bands and jazz ensembles, 2017-18 was another leap forward for the Middleton High School bands. Thank you students for your hard work throughout the year and to parents for your endless support.
Some information you should know for summer:
1. Summer Band Room Hours - Mr. V will be in the band room on an occasional basis throughout the summer - frequently but not always on Monday evenings. Color Guard does have practices on Mondays starting at 6:00, so the room will be open reliably at that time. I will send a brief email update each week via Infinite Campus with my hours, so please check for those emails if you need anything.
This coming week, I will be in the band room on Monday, June 11th from 4:00-6:00.
2. Summer Jazz Jams - Please click here for information about the summer jazz jams and clinic. Run by Ms. Laurie Lang, these sessions are a phenomenal way to improve your jazz skills this summer. Attend one session or all!
3. Marching Band - Students registered for marching band should already have received music for next year's field show. Please have this music fully memorized by the time marching band camp starts. Student section leaders will be reaching out to band members to introduce themselves and offer support as needed. We have a short timeline to learn the field show for competition, so it is crucial that all students come prepared. Need music? Contact your section leader or stop by the band room.
4. Jazz Band Auditions, Fall 2018 - Audition materials for next year's jazz bands are already available, so get practicing! If you would like a copy of audition materials, contact Mr. Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) or stop by the band room.
5. Calendar 2018-19 - Please find attached to this email an initial calendar of events for the 2018-19 school year. It is not set in stone, but for the most part every major event is there. Parents, please help your students place these dates on their calendar, and remind them to ask off work and solve other conflicts well in advance!