Hi MHS Orch World,
Our Solo & Ensemble Festival is just 1 week away, taking place on Saturday 2/9 from 8am-4pm at MHS. A few notes about that:
1) A major happening like this (over 1000 musicians in 750+ events!) cannot take place without the marvelous support of the families. We are in need of volunteers as Door Monitors, Clean Up Crew, Info Desk People, and more. We need about 75 volunteers over the course of the day, so please chip in and take a shift.
To volunteer, go the the BOPA WEB PAGE and click on the pop-up or click on the "Volunteer" link. The shifts are not too long and we have floaters that can fill in for you so you will not miss your important performances. Thank you!
2) With all of the weather challenges the past 2 weeks, our accompanist schedules have been tossed around. Please make sure students know when the meet with their ACCOMPANIST and that they bring all of their music along all week. Thanks to BOPA for supporting our students by funding our S&E accompanist program!
3) The S&E schedule for the day is posted on the BOPA Page already, and that is Draft 1.5. There have been some significant changes to that, so please check in to the more permanent Version 2.0 which will be posted on Monday. There will also be downloadable versions available at the web page later in the week and as QR codes at the event itself. On a related note, if anyone is a programmer and could help us develop a S&E app for iPhone and Android for future years, that would be spectacular!
4) For those families who have some events transferred to other S&E festivals (Mount Horeb 2/23, Waunakee 3/2, Stoughton 3/9): I will be contacting you separately when those schedules come out.
5) NOT FOR S&E: We are selling cheesecakes again in the next several weeks. This is mostly for our Iberian Travelers, but all students can join in to boost their travel accounts. Sales go 2/11-2/24 with orders due no later than 2/25. Students will earn $6 per cheesecake sold. Tour folks: any funds you make can either be put into your tour account for later travel or refunded to you right away since you will already have your final payment due.
Ask your student to pay some of their solo for you this week.