Hello band parents and students,
Welcome back from Spring Break! I hope everyone's vacation was relaxing, exciting, or productive. The band had a fantastic trip to Spain, making new friends, seeing new cities, and performing to standing-room-only audiences. We have only a few weeks left in the semester, but these weeks are packed full of great events and important deadlines:
1. Spring Supper Tickets - TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO BUY SPRING SUPPER TICKETS at reduced pre-order prices. Remember that performing students do need a ticket in order to eat at the event, and that this is one of the major fundraisers for the band program. Click here to order.
2. State Solo/Ensemble Registration Deadline - The hard deadline for State S/E registration is tomorrow at 4:00. If you are requesting a school accompanist, please make sure that you bring your $30 to MHS BOPA this week. Click here to register.
3. Spring Supper Student Volunteers - This year, each student should sign up online for a student volunteer shift. We will be doing this in class, but in case you've missed it the link is here.
4. Spring Supper Parent Volunteers - Please consider helping out this Saturday by signing up here.
5. Spring Supper Band Schedule. Students Report to the band room 40 minutes ahead of their performance to warm up. -- 5:30 Block 2 and 6 Concert Bands -- 6:00 Block 2 Concert Band (only students in full orchestra)
-- 6:30 Block 3 Wind Ensemble & Chamber Winds -- 7:00 Block 1 Cardinal Band -- 7:30 Symphony Orchestra with Chamber Winds full orchestra students. -- 8:00 Seven O'Clock Jazz Bands
6. End-of-Year Calendar Reminders -- April 5: Spring Supper -- April 10: Jazz Bands at Fine Arts week (during school day) -- April 27th: State Solo/Ensemble -- May 7th: Spring Concert (for Block 1, Block 6, Block 7) -- May 17th: Jazz Tracs featuring Wayne Bergeron (tickets available here) -- May 20th: Music Department Awards Night (before concert)
-- May 20th: Spring Concert (for Block 2, Block 3, Block 7) -- May 27th: Memorial Day Ceremonies & Parade
-- Michael Ver Voort
Music Teacher & Band Director